** This event was originally due to take place on Sunday 26 July 2020. Due to COVID-19 this has now been rescheduled to Sunday 1 August 2021**
Enjoy the sound of the 80s this summer, as funk and soul icons Shalamar and pop group The Fizz will both be performing at our South Tyneside Festival concert on Sunday 1 August 2021. A great ending to what will be a memorable series of concerts next summer.
Grammy award-winning Shalamar, a hugely influential soul music act which grew out of popular American dance show Soul Train, have produced a vast catalogue of hits including A Night to Remember, I Can Make You Feel Good, There It Is and I Owe You One.
Shalamar, featuring Howard Hewett, Jeffrey Daniel and Carolyn Griffey, will be joined on the bill by former Eurovision winners and pop favourites The Fizz.
The Fizz drew a huge crowd when bandmates Cheryl Baker and Mike Nolan performed at the Festival in 2018 as a duo, while Jay Aston recovered from surgery. We can't wait to see all 3 perform on stage!
Hugely popular local band Rivelino will also perform.
Admission is FREE, or you could upgrade to a Priority Plus ticket.
A Priority Plus ticket allows earlier access into the event, along with access to dedicated bar serveries and toilets. If you would prefer to arrive later your ticket will still provide you with guaranteed entry, however your viewing position may be more towards the rear of the crowd.
Priority Plus tickets are £6 (under 5s free). Tickets are on sale now and can be purchased in advance up until 7 days before from www.ticketmaster.co.uk/southtynesidefestival
Priority Plus tickets for disabled access will commence again as soon as the Shop @ The Word reopens, as will general ticket sales from this location.
If you had purchased a ticket for the 2020 concert then your ticket will still be valid. You do not need to get a replacement ticket. Please keep all currently purchased tickets as we are unable to cater for any lost tickets.
We hope you will support us and retain your ticket for 2021, however if you are no longer able to attend and would like a refund please see below:
- If you purchased a ticket through ticketmaster please contact ticketmaster directly
- If you purchased a ticket through the Shop @ The Word please contact our Events Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message on 0191 424 7985. Please note the Shop @ The Word is currently closed
Applications for refunds will be available until 30 November 2020, after which refunds will unfortunately not be accepted.
- Gates open approx. 12 noon for Priority Plus ticket holders and approx. 12.45pm for free entry for which no tickets are required
- A postage fee is payable for tickets purchased via Ticketmaster
- Music commences around 1.45/2pm, with short change overs in between acts, before finishing at approximately 4.30pm
- Please note this event may be subject to future changes, including those required which relate to future government guidelines for mass gatherings
- Refunds will be given to people who have purchased tickets if this event is cancelled in the future
- Refunds are only given for cancellation of the full event. South Tyneside Council reserve the right to change the programme if required
If you have any further queries please contact email@example.com or send a message via https://www.facebook.com/SouthTynesideEvents