Skip header
Living Better Lives (ASC)

Bus passes for disabled adults: Eligibility


  1. What is a disabled person's bus pass?
  2. Eligibility
  3. What evidence you'll need if you're eligible
  4. Applying for your bus pass
  5. What happens at an appointment?
  6. What happens next?
  7. Re-applying for your bus pass


You are able to get a disabled bus pass if you meet any of the following:

  • You get the higher rate for the mobility part of Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
  • You get a Personal Independence Payment (PIP), and you get either:
    • 8 points or more for 'moving around' for mobility
    • 8 points or more for 'communicating verbally' for daily living activities
  • You get War Pensioners Mobility Supplement
  • You have been awarded a benefit by the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme and:
    • get a lump sum payment within tariff levels 1 to 8
  • You are registered blind or partially sighted
  • You are registered as profoundly deaf with or without speech
  • You do not have arms or have a long term loss of the use of both arms
  • You have had a driving licence refused or revoked on medical grounds (physical fitness or severe mental disorder)
  • You are assessed as having a learning disability (this does not include Asperger's syndrome, autism, ADHD, dyslexia and dyspraxia)
  • You have a Blue Badge
  • You have a disability, or have suffered an injury, which has a substantial and long-term effect on your ability to walk


Next page: What evidence you'll need if you're eligible 

How would you rate the information on this page?

Share this page