19GENG - Praise or Encouragement - What's the Difference?
- 19GENG - Praise or Encouragement - What's the Difference?
- Chuter Ede Community Association
- 9:00am to 3:30pm
- Free to School Workforce Development Buy-Back Participants - £95 to others - Lunch Provided
About this course
- Overview of research around the impact of praise on children
- What do we do currently? Historical practices
- What is the alternative to praise?
- How do we encourage children?
- Moving forward with support
Expected Impact on School/Setting:
Understanding of the negative impact of praise on children
An alternative to the "praise culture"
A more supportive way of working with children and increasing their engagement
Opportunities to work collaboratively to support each other
A better understanding of how to encourage children
NB: A minimum of 12 applicants are required to maximise impact
Target Group: Early years, Key Stage 1 Staff working in the classroom