The Department of Education (DFE) has advised of the new requirement on Local Authorities to write to all parents to provide them with information about educational establishments with an atypical admission age.
If you have a child who is due to move into Year 10 in September 2019, we can advise you of other educational opportunities in the North East area, which you may not be aware of. These schools have atypical admission ages, taking pupils at a different age to 11-16 or 18 secondary schools.
Please be advised that this is for information only and does not mean you are required to move your child from their existing school if this is the best option for them.
Detailed below is a list of educational establishments within a reasonable travelling distance which you may wish to investigate and consider applying for a place in September 2019. You should also look at the GCSE curriculum in your child's current school to help consider the best option for your child's education in the next two years.
- Career College North East, St Wilfrid's RC College and South Tyneside College, South Shields: Tel: 4569121, email: email@example.com
- North East Futures UTC, Stephenson Quarter, Newcastle Upon Tyne, www.northeastfuturesutc.co.uk, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Northumberland Career College, College Road, Ashington, Northumberland. Tel: 01670 841200, www.northumberland.ac.uk/carrer-college
- UTC South Durham, Long Tens Way, Aycliffe Business Park, Newton Aycliffe, Co Durham. Tel: 01325 430250, www.utcsouthdurham.org
- Apollo Studio Acade,y. East Durham College, Peterlee Campus, Willberby Grove, Co Durham. Tel: 0191 5185595, email@example.com
All schools have a statutory duty to secure impartial guidance to all Year 8 to Year 13 students to inspire young people to fufill their potential and to make them aware of all opportunities open to them. We would strongly recommend that your child discusses their options with a Careers Adviser in their current school or college.
If you decide that you would like to have more information or apply for a place at vany of the educational establishments. I would suggest that you make contact using the information detailed above.