Les Mills Virtual workouts are movie-like versions of the live Les Mills classes that are a big hit in clubs worldwide.
These totally immersive virtual classes are played on a big screen through a pumping sound system and feature Les Mills' leading edge choreography and hit music, along with coaching and motivation from world leading instructors. The end result is a truly inspiring experience that drives amazing results.
Which programmes will be on offer?
- the modern version of classic ballet training. Available at Jarrow Focus.
- the Yoga, Tai Chi, Pilates workout that builds flexibility and strength and leaves you feeling centred and calm. Available at Haven Point and Jarrow Focus.
- the fiercely energetic and empowering martial arts based cardio workout supported by driving music and powerful role model instructors. Available at Haven Point and Jarrow Focus.
- the children's fitness class jam-packed with cool music and foundation fitness moves and fun games. Available at Jarrow Focus.
- the 30 minute core training class that tightens and tones the abs, glutes, back and obliques. It improves functional strength and assists injury prevention like nothing else. Available at Haven Point and Jarrow Focus.
- the 30-minute high-intensity interval training (HIIT) workout that improves cardiovascular fitness, increase speed and maximise calorie burn.Available at Jarrow Focus.
- the 30 minute calorie killer - for the ultimate ride. RPM combines cycling, choreography and motivational coaching techniques into one low-impact, aerobic and adrenaline-filled ride suitable for all fitness levels. Available at Haven Point and Jarrow Focus.
- the ultimate fun and sociable way to exercise. This 45 minute class features chart topping popular hits and simple but seriously hot dance moves, making it the perfect way to shape up and let out your inner start. Available at Haven Point and Jarrow Focus.
- the 30-minute high-intensity interval training (HIIT) workout, using an indoor bike. Available at Jarrow Focus.
- a fully immersive workout experience that combines a 40-minute multi-peak cycling workout with a journey through digitally-created worlds. Available at Jarrow Focus.
I am new to group fitness classes, will these classes be suitable for me?
If you've never done a group fitness class then Les Mills Virtual can be a great place to find your feet.
With amazing instructors up close and personal on the big screen, you can get familiar with the choreography and perfect your technique in your own space - and then you'll be hooked!
Why virtual classes? What will happen to the instructor led programme?
We know that technology within the fitness industry is moving along at pace, and in response to the increasingly busy lives of members and the need for flexibility, we believe that virtual classes will soon become an important feature on our timetables.
We are offering some exciting new disciplines that do not currently feature on our live programmes and will be scheduling virtual fitness classes at various times throughout the day, 7 days a week, in order to suite everyone's availability to access group exercise.
We remain fully committed to out instructor led programme and Les Mills Virtual is intended to increase our weekly schedule, adding value to our membership offer. Our live instructor led classes will remain a vital part of our programme.
Virtual classes are included in all multi-memberships and those where customers have selected classes as part of their duo option.
Non-member (adult) - £3.50
Non-member (junior) - £3
Get Active Discount Card holder (adult) - £3
Get Active Discount Card holder (junior) - £2.50
How do I book a Virtual fitness class?
To make a booking, please speak to one of our reception staff or phone:
Haven Point - 0191 424 7800
Jarrow Focus - 0191 489 4100
Hebburn Central - 0191 424 7801
Temple Park Centre - 0191 426 9119
Monkton Stadium - 0191 489 1283
Classes must be booked in advance; we suggest you book early to avoid disappointment.
When calling to book a place on a fitness class it is vital that you speak to a member of staff in order to have your place allocated. Leaving a voicemail simply gives us an opportunity to return your call and cannot be accepted as confirmation of a place.
Please note individual opening times of centres vary, please consider this when attempting to book a place on a class.
Please note you must be aged 14 or over to attend one of our classes. Those under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.