South Tyneside Council social networks were set up to provide information on news, events and council services for residents, visitors and businesses. Social media pages are only updated Monday to Friday and on occasions outside of these hours.
Acceptable use policy:
- Be civil, tasteful and relevant
- Do not swear
- Do not post content copied from elsewhere, for which you do not own the copyright.
- Do not post the same message, or very similar messages, more than once (also called "spamming")
- Do not publicise your or anyone else's personal information, such as contact details
- Do not advertise products or services
- Do not impersonate someone else
South Tyneside Council reserve the right to remove from its social media pages, or refuse to interact with, any content posted by a member of the public which:
- Is unlawful, libelous, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, discriminatory, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, racist, ageist, homophobic or offensive
- Is illegal or promotes illegal activities
- Defames or personally targets any council employee
View a list of Council social media pages.