Statutory framework for the early years foundation stage
Setting the standards for learning, development and care for children from birth to five.
This framework is mandatory for all early years providers in England (from April 2017). This includes:
- Council run schools
- Non-Council run schools
- Independent schools
- All providers on the Early Years Register
- All providers registered with an early years childminder or agency
This document covers key areas including:
- an introduction to the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS)
- overarching principles that should shape practice in early years settings
- the learning and development requirements
- safeguarding and welfare requirements
This stautory framework remains in force until futher notice.
View the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) statutory framework551.47KB
Supporting providers to understand the implications of 30 hours free childcare
This document below provides support to providers to understand the implications of 30 hours free childcare and other support (such as Tax-free childcare) to reduce the cost of childcare when business planning.
This document was provided by Hempsall's, a company who support everyone to make a success of early years and childcare policy.
View support for providers to understand the implications of 30 hours free childcare179.88KB