Recent inspection results
Local Government Association (LGA) Corporate Peer Challenge
- "South Tyneside is a high performing and ambitious organisation with a track record and reputation for the delivery of outstanding examples of regeneration projects."
- "In many ways South Tyneside is leading the way in transforming services and outcomes through regeneration. It can use this experience to influence the future shaping of local government delivery."
- "The Council is making every pound count and is making a very challenging financial position work for itself. It is evidently demonstrating that it is 'punching above its weight'."
Local Government Association (LGA) Corporate Peer Challenge222.18KB
Ofsted Inspection of Children's Services and Local Safeguarding Children Board
"Good" services provided to families and young people and "Outstanding" adoption service
- "The pace of change has been impressive"
- "Leaders and managers are ambitious and tenacious in their pursuit to delivery outstanding services"
- "Services for children in South Tyneside are good. This is because managers and social workers try their hardest to make sure that services are the best they can be."
Ofsted Inspection of Children’s Services and Local Safeguarding Children Board423.46KB
Ofsted Community Learning Short Inspection - "Good"
- "Programmes now focus very well on providing adults with opportunities to follow accredited courses that develop the industry-specific and essential work-related skills and behaviours that they need to progress into work with employers in the region."
Ofsted Community Learning Short Inspection126.38KB
Joint Targeted Area Inspection of Multi-Agency Response to Abuse and Neglect
- "Clear commitment from leaders across the partnership and from the Council to improve outcomes for vulnerable children"
Joint Targeted Area Inspection of Multi-Agency Response to Abuse and Neglect379.49KB