The Mum's Talk Course aims to help people come together in a non-judgemental and friendly environment where people can come to start to understand more about the ways they are feeling, how their lives have changed and to develop new ways of thinking and helpful coping strategies.
The course is 7 sessions long and is a therapy course based in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. This therapy looks at how our thoughts, feelings and behaviours interact with each other and how we can develop new coping skills. The course covers topics such as:
- Challenging the myths and expectations of motherhood
- Managing worry
- Coping with negative thoughts
- Understanding and overcoming anxiety
- Re-connecting with your life and overcoming depression
- The transition from person to Mam - and trying to get a balance between the two
How do I access the course?
You can call South Tyneside Lifecycle Primary Care Mental Health Service 0191 283 2937 and refer yourself; you would be offered a brief assessment.
Alternatively you can complete a self-assessment via: South Tyneside Lifecycle Primary Care Mental Health Service
You can also request another health professional refer you instead, such as your health visitor or GP.