Former Customs House - Blue Plaques
Please note: The location displayed on the map is approximate.
Information on the plaque
Former Customs House Built in 1863 - 4 just before South Shields was declared a separate Customs port in 1865; designed by T.M. Clemence, architect and Borough Surveyor.
The rear office extension was added in 1878, J.H. Morton, architect.
Available to view on the Open plaques website