Volunteer Life Brigade House - Blue Plaques
Please note: The location displayed on the map is approximate.
Information on the plaque
Volunteer Life Brigade House - The South Shields Brigade was formed in January 1866 to rescue mariners ship - wrecked on nearby shores. This Watch House, built 1867 and extended 1875, was restored by the Brigade and Tyne and Wear County Council in 1985.
Available to view on the Open plaques website