Skip header

Armed forces support and advice services

There are lots of local and national services available to support members of the armed forces community, with things like employment, housing, mental health, money, and more.

Armed Forces Support Service

The Armed Forces Support Service is the first point of contact for members of the armed forces community in South Tyneside.

The service supports all members of the armed forces community, including those who have left (regardless of how long ago) or are leaving, as well as reservists and family members.

The service can help with all kinds of queries and situations, and can signpost you to other services or groups who might be able to help.

To contact the service, call South Tyneside Homes on:

0300 123 6633

Advice and practical support


More services that can help with employment include:  

Mental health

See more Mental health services.

For more information see Armed forces housing (South Tyneside Homes).

More services that can help with money and welfare include: 

Drugs and alcohol 

See a list of Drug, alcohol, substance misuse services.

How would you rate the information on this page?

  • Armed forces support
  • South Tyneside Council
    Town Hall
    Westoe Road
    South Shields
    United Kingdom
    NE33 2RL

  • 0191 424 6022

Share this page