Join in January and get one month free
We are offering one month free on all new duo and multi leisure memberships in January.
Monday - Friday
6am - 9.30pm
Saturday - Sunday
7am - 4.30pm
Juniors (aged 8 - 14) can access the gym Monday - Friday, 3pm - 5pm and Saturday - Sunday, 1pm - 3pm. Juniors must be accompanied by an adult on a 1 adult to 2 children ratio.
Gym session prices
- Non member: £6.90
- Get Active Discount Card Holder: £5.25
- Get Active Plus Discount Card Holder: £2.85
- Non member: £4.75
- Get Active Discount Card Holder: £2.85
Carer / helper:
- Non member: £1.70
- Get Active Discount Card Holder: £1.70
Become a member - join online today
Sign up for a membership to use the gym as much as you like.
Find out about Leisure memberships.
Our Get Active discount card gives you discounted rates on activities, and is ideal if you do not want to commit to a long-term membership.
Find out about Get Active discount cards.
Before using the gym, you must attend an induction with a member of staff.
Inductions are free, and will generally take anything from 15 minutes to one hour depending on your previous experience.
During your induction, the instructor will go through the safe operation of the equipment and help you to become familiar with the gym.
- Inductions can be carried out at any of our leisure facilities, although we recommend you book your induction at the facility you intend to use the most.
- You only need one induction, even if you intend to use the gyms at more than one of our leisure facilities.
- If you have any special needs, please let us know what they are at the time of booking, as we may need to adapt the session to support your needs.
- Please come dressed to exercise.
To book an induction, please contact any of our leisure facilities by phone or ask at reception.
About the gym at Jarrow Focus
Jarrow Focus gym has four distinct areas; power, stretch, cardio and a family area which includes a cardio wall and interactive equipment, as well as the rig as the centrepiece.
There are also a number of functional items including weighted sand bags, a battle rope, slam balls and kettlebells.
- You must be aged 14 or over to use the gym
- Children aged 8 - 13 can use the gym when accompanied by an adult on a ratio of 1 adult to 2 children (Monday - Friday, 3pm - 5pm and Saturday - Sunday, 1pm - 3pm)
- Those using the gym for the first time must complete an induction (free of charge) which must be booked in advance