International Advanced Manufacturing Park Statement of Community Consultation (SoCC)
Below is a copy of the public notice published in relation to the Statement of Community Consultation for the International Advanced Manufacturing Park.
Notice is hereby given that IAMP LLP of Sunderland City Council, PO BOX 100, Civic Centre, Sunderland, Tyne And Wear, SR2 7DN ('the Applicant') proposes to apply to the Planning Inspectorate under the Planning Act 2008 for a development consent order ('DCO') to authorise the construction and operation of the International Advanced Manufacturing Park ('IAMP') TWO (the 'Project') to host production, supply chain and distribution activities directly related to the Automotive and Advanced Manufacturing sectors (the 'Application').
The Applicant is a limited liability partnership established by South Tyneside Council and Sunderland City Council for the purpose of promoting and delivering the Project. As part of the process of preparing to make the Application, the Applicant has a duty to consult the local community under Section 47 of the Planning Act 2008. The Applicant has produced a Statement of Community Consultation ('SoCC') for this purpose. The SoCC sets out details of how the Applicant proposes to consult people living in the vicinity of the land subject to the Application. This notice outlines when and where the SoCC can be inspected.
The Project relates to land to the north of the existing Nissan site, to the west of the A19 and to the south of the A184, and is located within the administrative boundaries of both Sunderland City Council and South Tyneside Council. It is part of a wider project - the IAMP - being promoted by the Applicant which also comprises the first phase, being IAMP ONE (which received planning permission (pursuant to the Town and Country Planning Act 1990) in May 2018), and this phase, being IAMP TWO (which will be the subject of the Application to be consented by way of a DCO). This notice relates to IAMP TWO only.
The Project will comprise the development of commercial floorspace supporting advanced manufacturing activities; access roads, cycleways and footpaths; landscaping built around retained woodlands and hedgerows; ecological and landscape mitigation surrounding the River Don; a road bridge across the A19 to connect with Washington Road; a bridge across the River Don to connect to a northern employment area; a 'Hub' to become a focal point for the wider IAMP and potentially include uses such as a transport interchange, shops, a 150-bedroom hotel, childcare and nursery facilities, and education and training facilities; and site utilities including a potential sub-station and connection to the local drainage network.
The SoCC can be inspected free of charge from 11 September 2018 (and available up to and during future consultation events) at the following locations and during the hours set out below:
- Sunderland City Council, Burdon Road, Sunderland, SR2 7DN, Mon-Fri 09:00 to 17:00
- South Tyneside Council, Town Hall and Civic Offices, South Shields, NE33 2RL, Mon-Fri 09:00 to 17:00
- Hedworthfield Community Association, Cornhill, Jarrow NE32 4QD, Mon-Fri 09:00 to 21:00, Sat 09:00 to 17:00, and Sun 09:00 to 12:00;
- Bunny Hill Centre, Hylton Lane, Sunderland SR5 4BW, Mon-Fri 10:00 to 22:00 and Sat-Sun 08:00 to 22:00;
- Sunderland Museum & Winter Gardens, Burdon Road, Sunderland SR1 1PP, Mon-Sat 10:00 to 16:00 and Sun 12:00 to 16:00;
- Washington Library, The Galleries, Independence Square, Washington NE38 7RZ, Mon 09:00 to 19:00, Tue-Wed 09:00 to 17:00, Thu 09:00 to 19:00, Fri 09:00 and Sat 09:00 to 16:00;
- The Word, 45 Market Place, South Shields NE33 1JF Mon-Thu 09:00 to 19:00, Fri 09:00 to 16:00, Sat 10:00 to 19:00 and Sun 10:00 to 16:00
- Boldon Colliery Village Hall, North Road, Boldon Colliery, NE35 9AR Mon-Fri 10:00 to 16:00; and
- The Quadrus Centre, Boldon Business Park Boldon NE35 9PF Mon-Fri 10:00 to 16:00
Venue opening hours may differ depending on public holidays and/or may be subject to change by the venue's operator and should be checked.
A copy of the SoCC is also available to view on the Applicant's website at IAMP Consultation. The website also provides further details in relation to the Application and wider IAMP Project. Copies will also be available to those who contact the project team directly by email, Freephone or Freepost.
The information can be made available in large print, Braille, audio and other languages. Please contact Freephone 0800 1701 418 (Mon-Fri, 9am - 5.30pm, excluding public holidays), email firstname.lastname@example.org, or write Freepost IAMP (no stamp required on the envelope) for help if you wish to communicate with people from ethnic minority communities and those whose first language may not be English.
IAMP TWO Consultation - Contact details
IAMP Two - proposed A19 bridge targeted non-statutory consultation