Skip header

What to do if you have a data protection concern

Contact the Information Governance team

If you have any concerns or queries about how your personal information is being held or used, please contact the Information Governance team:

Information Governance
South Tyneside Council
Town Hall and Civic Offices
Westoe Road
South Shields
NE33 2RL

Phone: 0191 424 6539


If you are not satisfied with the Council's response

If you are dissatisfied with the Council's response to your concern, you can submit a compliant to the Information Commissioner's Office.

The Information Commissioner is responsible for enforcing the Data Protection Act and has a duty to investigate all complaints.

All reviews conducted by the Information Commissioner should have exhausted the Council's internal review procedures. Failure to abide by this may result in the Information Commissioner reverting the matter back to the Council for a second review.

Information Commissioner
Wycliffe House
Water Lane

Phone: 01625 545 745
Fax No: 01625 524 510
Website: Information Commissioner

How would you rate the information on this page?

Share this page