Skip header

Subject access request

How to make a subject access request

If you wish to make a subject access request to find out what information is held about you, you need to:

  • Put your request in writing:
  • You will need to include: 
    • your full names and names you have been known by
    • contact details such as email address, home address or telephone number
    • as much information as possible to assist with your request (this can include the areas of the council you may have been involved with and time periods you are requesting information from)

 Once we have received your request

 Once we have received your request we will ask you to make an appointment to attend the Town Hall with:

  • proof of identity (preferably photo ID such as a passport or photo driving licence)
  • proof of address (driving licence, utility bill or an official letter dated in the last 3 months)

Applying on behalf of someone else

  • If you are applying for your child under 13 then you will need to supply proof of parental responsibility
  • If you are applying on behalf of a child over the age of 13, they may be required to request the records themselves
  • If you are applying on be half of another family member we will need their written consent and proof of ID and may need to meet them or a copy of a Power of Attorney covering the records your are requesting

More information

For enquiries or to discuss the process please telephone 0191 424 6539.

If part of a Data Protection request falls within the Freedom of Information Act 2000 or Environmental Information Regulations 2004 then the correct regime will apply in terms of timescale, costs and exemptions.

How would you rate the information on this page?

Share this page