Having already made over £168million of savings since 2010 and with continued uncertainty around government funding, South Tyneside Council is working hard to protect local services.
Despite almost 54 percent reductions since 2010 in the money we receive from central government, we remain committed to our vision of South Tyneside being an outstanding place to live, invest and bring up families.
As we plan our finances for the future we will continue to consult with residents and elected members.
You said, we did
Last year's public consultation asked residents which services or areas should be a priority for the Council. With your endorsement we:
- Completed work on our new transport interchange in partnership with Nexus, part of the South Shields 365 capital investment to support new jobs and businesses
- Continue to refine proposals for Phase 3 of South Shields 365
- Continue progress with the new International Advanced Manufacturing Park with the first occupiers now signed up
- Are developing a masterplan for Holborn and are currently planning the remediation of the site, planning demolitions and starting to procure a residential developer
- Continue our Borough-wide programme of improvements to roads and footpaths
Your priorities are important to us and will continue to shape how we allocate the resources available through our financial plans.
Have your say
This year we are asking for your views again.
To have your say on the priorities that matter to you, please complete the online survey below.
The closing date is Friday 29 November 2019.
Have your say on the Council budget