Having already made over £156million of savings since 2010 and with further Government cuts expected over the coming years, South Tyneside Council is working hard to protect local services.
Despite almost 54 percent reductions since 2010 in the money we receive from central government, we remain committed to our vision of South Tyneside being an outstanding place to live, invest and bring up families.
As we plan our finances for the future we will continue to consult with residents and elected members.
You said, we did
Last year's public consultation asked residents which services or areas should be a priority for the Council. With your endorsement we:
- Continued progress with the new International Advanced Manufacturing Park which has been given formal planning permission and builders have now moved onto the site to begin construction of the first factory
- Progressed work on our new transport interchange, part of the South Shields 365 capital investment in the town centre, new jobs and businesses
- Acquired site at Holborn Riverside in order to kickstart commercial development on the site
- Continued our Borough-wide programme of improvements to highways, pavements and footpaths
- Protected budgets for the most vulnerable adults and children
Your priorities are important to us and will continue to shape how we allocate the resources available through our financial plans.
Have your say
This year we are asking for your views again. To have your say on the priorities that matter to you, please complete the online survey below. The closing date is Friday 30 November 2018.
Have your say on the Council budget