This SMS text messaging service allows you to send us a message from your mobile about:
- Abandoned vehicles
- Fly tipping
- Refuse collection
- Grass cutting
- Public toilets
- Street lights
- Street furniture
- Stray dogs
- Dog fouling
- Road drains
- Under-age sales / counterfeiting / illicit goods
- Anti social behaviour
How do I text?
First save the number 07786 200802 to your mobile phone (see your mobile phone instructions on how to do this), you never know when you will need it.
Send us a text message up to 160 characters.
- Be as descriptive as possible when sending your message to allow us to respond to your report
- Give a specific location and description
- Good example would be: Rubbish dumped in the layby outside St Paul's Church, Jarrow
- Bad example would be: Rubbish at the back of my house (no location given)
What happens next?
Once sent, the message will be forwarded to the correct department by the Council's contact centre on the next working day.
Will I get a reply?
Yes, the Council will let you know what action it intends to take.
The cost of sending a text or multimedia message will depend on the mobile phone tariff you use (refer to your mobile network service provider for details of charges). The Council does not make any additional charge.
Can I send photos?
No, not at the moment.
Don't have a mobile?
You can report issues online
Or, call the Council's contact centre on 0191 427 7000 (Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm and 9am to 1pm Saturday) or email email@example.com
This service is used at your own risk
For your own protection we would advise that personal details are not included, for example including your address and saying that you will be on holiday.