Lindisfarne and John Reid Road Roundabouts (A194)
This major highways improvement scheme is now complete, on schedule and on budget.
The work included:
- Widening both Lindisfarne and John Reid Road roundabouts and the dual carriageway in between (Leam Lane) from two to three lanes in both directions
- Local widening of the east bound approach to the Lindisfarne Roundabout and the approach from John Reid Road to the John Reid Road roundabout from two to three lanes
- Carrying out highway drainage works to reduce the risk of flooding at the Lindisfarne roundabout
- Closing the Edinburgh Road exit onto Leam Lane to all traffic, except buses. Entry will remain open to all vehicles
- Introducing new pedestrian and cycle facilities including a new controlled crossing across Leam Lane
The improvements aim to reduce accidents, ease congestion and improve traffic flows in the area, as well as to alleviate the risk of flooding.
For more information, see End to Major Road Scheme.