Skip header

Resident parking permit

Certain streets in South Tyneside operate a parking permit scheme.

The parking schemes prevent non-residents parking in residential areas where parking has become a problem.

Residents who live in a street operating a parking permit scheme can apply for a resident parking permit and request permits for visitors.

Apply for a resident parking permit

If you require a permit for the first time or have changed your vehicle(s) since the last issue of permits, we will need a photocopy of each vehicle registration document. We cannot issue a permit without this.

You will be given a unique reference number, please write this on the photocopied vehicle registration document(s) when you send it to us.

Apply online:

Apply for a resident parking permit


Streets you need a parking permit for

The resident parking schemes cover the following streets:

South Shields

  • Ashley Road
  • Bamford Walk
  • Beach Road
  • Berkley Street
  • Beaufront Terrace
  • Bonsall Court
  • Bolingbroke Street
  • Brisbane Avenue
  • Broad Landing
  • Broughton Road
  • Captians Wharf
  • Grosvenor Road
  • Hathersage Gardens
  • Haylands Square
  • Hucklow Gardens
  • Holingside Way
  • Lawe Road
  • Long Row
  • Melbourne Avenue
  • Mowbray Road
  • Prince Edward Road
  • Romilly Street
  • Salisbury Street
  • St Hilda Street
  • St Mary's Avenue
  • Sunderland Road
  • Talbot Road
  • Westhope Road
  • Westoe Village


  • Beverly Court
  • Caroline Street
  • Grange Place
  • Grange Road West
  • Railway Street
  • Selby Court

East Boldon

  • Grange Terrace

How would you rate the information on this page?

Share this page