Coronavirus (COVID-19) parking update
Car parks open
Coastal car parks, and car parks within Council parks are now open.
Please use the cashless PayByPhone method of payment wherever possible to pay for parking.
More about car parks opening.
Parking charges and permits
Parking charges and permits are in place (as of Monday 18 May).
You can pay for parking in a range of South Tyneside Council car parks using the PayByPhone app on your mobile phone.
On the app you can:
- Pay for parking using a credit or debit card
- Find car parks in the area
- Create an account
- See where you have parked
- Be reminded when your parking is about to expire
- Extend your parking time
Each car park has a unique four digit location number. Parking officers can then look up the number plate to check where you have been parked.
How to use PayByPhone
- Download the app
- Register for an account if you want to
- Enter the car park's location number
- Select how long you want to park for
- Pay for your parking
The app is available for Apple and Android users and can be downloaded at PayByPhone.
You can use PayByPhone in these car parks:
Click on the individual car parks for information including prices.