Information, Advice, and Support Services Network
Advice and support to parents and carers of children and young people with special educational needs.
The Information, Advice and Support Services Network (IASS Network) - previously the Parent Partnership Service - provides training and support to local Information Advice and Support (IAS) Services across England.
South Tyneside's local Information, Advice and Support Service is SENDIASS.
What does the IASS Network do?
- provides information, advice and support to IAS Services
- promotes the development and standards of IAS Services
- provides training to IAS Services on relevant subjects including the law on SEN and disability, health and social care, with IPSEA
- promotes service impartiality
- helps to make sure that IAS Services are operating at arm's length from their Local Authority
- provides a national picture of the work of IAS Services through the annual 'Benchmarking' report
- promotes dialogue and collaboration between IAS Services and other partners
- engages with DfE on key issues for IAS Services
- supports an e-forum for all IAS Services through which relevant information can be sent and discussed
- works with the National Network of Parent Carer Forums to improve the working relationships between IAS Services and parent carer forums
- facilitates the SEN Information Group - a network of organisations that give advice and support to families of children with SEND
Tel: 020 7843 1900