Bus Pass for disabled children
Bus passes are available to children with disabilities.
If you live in Tyne and Wear and you have a disabled child they may be entitled to apply for free local bus travel.
The Concessionary Travel Pass scheme is operated by Nexus and passes are free for those who qualify. Under the scheme the application process for children is the same as for disabled adults.
Does my child qualify?
You child might be entitled to a Concessionary Travel Pass if they have one of the following types of disability and they live in Tyne and Wear:
- in receipt of Disability Living Allowance (permanent higher rate mobility component - written confirmation of permanency required)
- blind or partially sighted
- profoundly or severely deaf
- without speech
- substantially reduced ability to walk as a long term condition
- do not have arms or have a long term loss of use of both arms
- assessed as having a learning disability.
The Nexus Website has more information about Concessionary Travel Scheme on grounds of disability
Nexus: Concessionary travel for disabled adults
For further details contact the Children's Referral and Assessment Team on 0191 424 5010.