Skip header
Local Offer Banner

If you feel your child's needs are not being met

The first thing to do if you are unhappy with something at school is to speak to your child's class teacher and/or the school SENCO. There is a SENCO in every school and they are responsible for coordinating provision for children with SEN. If you are still unhappy, you should talk to the headteacher.

Your local Special Educational Needs and Disability, Information, Advice and Support Service (SENDIASS) may also be able to offer advice and support whilst liaising with school on your behalf in order to try and rectify outstanding issues.

Further information about how to make a complaint about schools and the Local Authority can be found at: Complaints (SEN and Disabilities)

How would you rate the information on this page?

Share this page