Skip header
Local Offer Banner

Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)

Search services

Support for you, your child and your family


Education services provide education for your child and additional support at nursery or school if your child has an identified special education need. Find out about Education.


Health services look after your child's health and provide treatment when necessary. Your first point of contact may be a hospital specialist or GP who can refer you to other services. Find out about Health.

Social care

Social care services can provide practical help including:

The Best Start In Life logo

The best start in life

We're working to give the children of South Tyneside the best start in life.

Find out about our wide range of services for children and families. We want to build safer and stronger families, provide increased opportunities for enterprise learning and skills within healthier communities.

The best start in life

How would you rate the information on this page?

Share this page