Planning permission guidance (homeowners)

Other consent you might need

Even if you do not need planning permission or building regulation approval, you might need some other form of consent from the Council. 

This might include:

You may also need to deal with other private interests before you start work, such as:

  • A release of a covenant, which may be included in your properties deeds
  • Permission from any relevant land owner, this may even include something as simple as eaves and guttering overhanging a boundary
  • If you want to carry out any building work near or on your shared property boundary, or 'party wall'. See GOV.UK: Party walls