Building Control maintain the health and safety of people in and around buildings, while furthering the conservation of energy and natural resources. We provide free advice on building regulations and let you know if building approval is needed.
- Register and acknowledge applications, normally within three working days.
- Check your plans as speedily as possible and you will normally be contacted within fifteen working days of submission if further information is required.
- Carry out same day inspections if notified before 10 am or within 24 hours if notified after 10am.
- Inspect all ongoing projects at least once every three months.
- Work with you to find solutions to problems at any stage of the application or project.
- Provide a twenty-four hour call out system to survey dangerous buildings and we will attempt to investigate all reports within one hour.
- Respond to all notices of intended demolition within ten working days.
- Respond to all applications for the erection of hoardings and scaffolds within five working days.