Skip header

Building regulations - how to apply

If you need building regulation approval, you may be able to use the fast track building notice procedure.

Building Regulation - Building notice application form219.29KB

You should completed the form above and attach all relevant technical information/specifications and the appropriate submission charge, ask a member of the Building Control team or see Guidance note 2 – Domestic Extensions and Alterations 2011206.77KB

You should return the form and all additional information to:

Building Control
South Tyneside Council
Westoe Road
South Shields
NE33 2RL

Phone: 0191 424 7436

24 hour answering service: 0191 456 6669


What will happen next?

We will assess your proposals to see if they comply with the appropriate building regulation requirements, inspect the work under construction and issue a completion certificate when the installation is regarded as being satisfactory for building regulation purposes.


How would you rate the information on this page?

Share this page