Skip header

Advertisement consent applications

What do I need to submit?

This checklist summarises the types of information that you will need to submit.

Tyneside Validation - Advert Checklist74.0KB

To find out more about each requirement shown in the checklist please use the Validation of Planning Applications in Tyneside - 2019 (version 1, February 2019)1.03MB.

How much does an advertisement consent application cost?

You can work the fee out using the Planning Portal Fees Guide.

Please note that from the 17 January 2018, the Government have removed the fee exemption for planning applications which have been made, due to the removal of permitted development rights by planning condition or by an Article 4 direction.

How to apply

You can submit planning applications directly to us by email or post. Or, you can submit planning applications using the Planning Portal website. 

Apply direct to us via email or post:

Advertisement consent

If you apply by email the completed application form, all plans and supporting documents must be sent in PDF file format and there is a 10mb file size limit (per PDF file or email, whichever is the greater).  We can also accept completed applications on a CD by post (with files in the PDF file format). 

To submit by email to us, email our mail box.

To submit by post (either as paper submission or on a CD), please send your application to:

Planning Group (Development Management)
South Tyneside Council
Town Hall
Westoe Road
South Shields
NE33 2RL

You can pay the planning application fee by cheque (payable to South Tyneside Council) or by calling us on 0191 424 7421.

Apply via the Planning Portal website:

You can complete an online version of the planning application form, attach plans / supporting documents and also pay the application fee when you submit on the Planning Portal. 

To find our more, visit Planning Portal: Apply online.

You will most likely need to pay the Planning Portal additional service charges if you apply in this way and you can find out more about them at Planning Portal: Financial Transaction Service and Payment Nomination.

How would you rate the information on this page?

Share this page