This training is targeted to those members of staff and volunteers from many organisations who work with children, young people, adults and families across South Tyneside.
The focus of the training is multi-agency training and priority will be given to staff that are based in South Tyneside.
View the full training programme
Multi-Agency Safeguarding Training Programme 2019-201.23MB
If you have any queries please contact Russ Saunders on 0191 424 6332.
How to apply (face-to-face courses)
- Complete the South Tyneside Children and Adults Multi-Agency Training application form40.5KB
- Email your completed application form to SafeguardingChildrenBoard@southtyneside.gov.uk
Once we receive your application form, we will send you an acknowledgement email of your course request. Please add the course to your diary at this time.
We will send a course confirmation email to you and your line manager approximately four weeks before the training event. This will include the course location, times and any other relevant information about the course.
Please note, there is a charge for non-attendance. Please see below for more information.
South Tyneside Safeguarding Children Board and South Tyneside Safeguarding Adults Board provide e-learning training modules for all partner organisations, including the voluntary, community and faith based sector, within South Tyneside.
The training is hosted by Virtual College, one of the UK's leading e-learning colleges.
Through collaborative working both Safeguarding Boards for children and adults have a wide range of e-learning courses on offer.
View Safeguarding Adults and Safeguarding Children Joint E-Learning Courses691.61KB
Register for e-learning
Once successfully registered, you will have four weeks to complete the requested module. There is a charge of £40 for any e-learning module that remains un-started or un-finished for four weeks.
Please make your line manager aware that you plan to access e-learning training before you register, and include contact details for your line manager when registering.
The South Tyneside Safeguarding Boards do not advocate Managers / Head Teachers etc. signing up all their staff in a 'block booking' for e-learning. Staff should be advised what courses they need to complete, and take responsibility for registering for and completing modules (within four weeks). If you have any queries about this please contact the Learning and Development Advisor 0191 424 6332.
To register, go to:
Register for e-learning
Charges for non-attendance / non-completion
If you can no longer attend a face-to-face course:
- Inform the Safeguarding Board at least two working days before the training date or a charge will be made
- Send your apology via email to SafeguardingChildrenBoard@southtyneside.gov.uk (please copy in your line manager)
- If you cannot inform the Safeguarding Board yourself, your manager must inform us on your behalf
If you cannot attend on the day of the course:
- If your manager can offer a replacement to attend in your place, then no charge will be made. Your manager must inform the Safeguarding Board of this via email to SafeguardingChildrenBoard@southtyneside.gov.uk before close of play on the day of the training event (a phone call will not be accepted)
- If you call in sick on the day of your course, and a replacement cannot attend, your manager must inform the Safeguarding Board on 0191 424 6512before 10am on the day of the course, and follow this up with an email to SafeguardingChildrenBoard@southtyneside.gov.uk (if the phone call is not followed up with an email, the charge will still apply)
- Non-attendance at a full day training - £50
- Non-attendance at a half day training - £25
- If after four weeks an e-learning module remains un-started or un-finished, a charge of £40 per module, per delegate, will be made via invoice to the appropriate manager
Invoices will be issued to both internal and external agencies to recoup the relevant charges on a monthly basis.
Become one of our trainers
Are you a Safeguarding Professional? Come and join our pool of trainers.
The South Tyneside Safeguarding Children Board and South Tyneside Safeguarding Adults Board are looking for safeguarding professionals or volunteers from any discipline who:
- are experienced in working with vulnerable children, young people, families and adults at risk, or a combination
- have knowledge, skills and experience in child protection and safeguarding adults within their home organisation
Would you be interested in helping to develop others and:
- would like to use your knowledge and skills to enhance and develop others as well as build on your own professional development
- are able to get permission from your manager to join the Safeguarding Training Associates Group and to facilitate the training
- are able to offer 4 days a year to co-facilitate high quality safeguarding training
- are prepared to attend development days
- would like to develop your confidence in presenting and facilitating training to multi-agencies
For further details please contact Russ Saunders
Telephone: 0191 424 6332