This training is targeted to those members of staff and volunteers from many organisations who work with children, young people, adults and families across South Tyneside.
The focus of the training is multi-agency training and priority will be given to staff that are based in South Tyneside.
View the full training programme
Multi-Agency Safeguarding Training Programme 2018-19859.32KB
If you have any queries please contact Diane Robson on 0191 424 7163.
How to apply (face-to-face courses)
- Complete the South Tyneside Children and Adults Multi-Agency Training application form40KB
- Email your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, call the HR Training team on 0800 169 3454 (internal 9 3454).
Please note, there is a charge for non-attendance. Please see below for more information.
South Tyneside Safeguarding Children Board and South Tyneside Safeguarding Adults Board provide e-learning training modules for all partner organisations, including the voluntary, community and faith based sector, within South Tyneside.
The training is hosted by Virtual College, one of the UK's leading e-learning colleges.
Through collaborative working both Safeguarding Boards for children and adults have extended the range of e-learning courses on offer - 57 courses are now available to all staff.
View Safeguarding Adults and Safeguarding Children Joint E-Learning Courses1.09MB
Register for e-learning
Please note, there is a charge for any e-learning module that remains un-started or un-finished for four weeks.
Please make your line manager aware that you plan to access e-learning training before you register, and include contact details for your line manager when registering.
To register, go to:
Register for e-learning
Charges for non-attendance / non-completion
If you can no longer attend a face-to-face course:
- Inform the HR Training team at least two working days before the training date or a charge will be made
- Send your apology via email to email@example.com (please copy in your line manager)
- If you cannot inform the HR Training team yourself, your manager must inform them on your behalf
If you cannot attend on the day of the course:
- If your manager can offer a replacement to attend in your place, then no charge will be made. Your manager must inform the HR Training team of this via email to firstname.lastname@example.org before close of play on the day of the training event (a phone call will not be accepted)
- If you call in sick on the day of your course, and a replacement cannot attend, your manager must inform the HR Training team on 0191 424 7163 before 10am on the day of the course, and follow this up with an email to email@example.com (if the phone call is not followed up with an email, the charge will still apply)
- Non-attendance at a full day training - £50
- Non-attendance at a half day training - £25
- If after four weeks an e-learning module remains un-started or un-finished, a charge of £40 per module, per delegate, will be made
Invoices will be issued to both internal and external agencies to recoup the relevant charges on a monthly basis.
For full details please see Safeguarding Boards Training Charging Policy113.87KB.
Become one of our trainers
Are you a Safeguarding Professional? Come and join our pool of trainers.
The South Tyneside Safeguarding Children Board and South Tyneside Safeguarding Adults Board are looking for safeguarding professionals or volunteers from any discipline who:
- are experienced in working with vulnerable children, young people, families and adults at risk, or a combination
- have knowledge, skills and experience in child protection and safeguarding adults within their home organisation
Would you be interested in helping to develop others and:
- would like to use your knowledge and skills to enhance and develop others as well as build on your own professional development
- are able to get permission from your manager to join the Safeguarding Training Associates Group and to facilitate the training
- are able to offer 4 days a year to co-facilitate high quality safeguarding training
- are prepared to attend development days
- would like to develop your confidence in presenting and facilitating training to multi-agencies
For further details please contact Russ Saunders
Telephone: 0191 424 6332