Skip header
Living Better Lives (ASC)

Home care providers

Home care can include help with personal care needs such as:

  • Getting up and going to bed
  • Washing and bathing 
  • Taking medication

For information ring our Let's Talk Team on 0191 424 6000.

How is a home care provider different to a personal assistant?

A home care provider is an agency where as a personal assistant is employed directly through you. Find out more about personal assistants.

What help can the Council provide?

The Council's Let's Talk team will help you to find support to maximise your independence and achieve the things that matter to you.

This could include connecting you to facilities and resources that are available in your community, finding care support services that you can arrange yourself, or accessing care support from the Council if eligible.

Contact the Let's Talk team on 0191 424 6000 or by email at

If you would like to speak to someone face-to-face we can offer appointments in a community base such as The Word and Hebburn Central.


Find home care providers

Request help with finding support in your home

Need to talk to someone for advice about the right support for you, a friend or relative to live a better life?

Our team of trained advisers is here to help guide you to the right support to help you remain independent.

Email the team at or call 0191 424 6000.


How would you rate the information on this page?

Share this page