Changing Spaces in South Tyneside
Changing Spaces are designed for people with complex needs and their carers so people can be supported to change with dignity.
They are available in buildings across South Tyneside. They are available for people who need them - even if they don't use the services available in the rest of the building.
The project was funded by South Tyneside Learning Disabilities Partnership Board. Equal People (an involvement group for people with learning disabilities) designed the logo to promote this service.
Where to find Changing Spaces in South Tyneside
- Horsley Hill community facility
- Jarrow community centre
- Hebburn Central swimming pool
- Perth Green Base in Jarrow
- Cleadon Park NHS Building
- Haven Point swimming pool
- Simonside Youth Centre
- Monkton Stadium
If you would like to become a Changing Space or want to find out more about Equal People, please contact Carole Watson (Involvement Worker) on 0191 3404173 or by email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Changing Spaces
- they are all cleaned regularly and maintained by staff who manage the building
- all staff will be offered learning disabilities awareness training
- you will need to bring your own harness, sling, towels and wipes if needed
We want your feedback on our website
We are constantly working to improve the information on our 'support and care for adults' web pages.
Please take a couple of minutes to let us know about your experience using these web pages.
Website feedback survey
Please note: This survey is anonymous, so please do not provide any personal information such as your name and address.