Individual support is provided in an approved carers' home so that the person can live in a family surrounding.
Adult placement carers will aim to:
- Provide a safe and secure home that supports an individual's rights, independence, choice and inclusion
- Provide a comfortable homely environment
- Encourage the learning and development of skills whilst bearing in mind the risks
- Support in leisure activities and introducing new experiences
- Support and encourage 'get togethers' with family and friends
- Encourage involvement in and around the local community
Care Quality Commission rating
Care Quality Commission (CQC) rating: Good
South Tyneside Adult Placement Service CQC Report80.68KB
- Long term placements
- Short stay
Who is this service available to?
Adults who have been assessed as having a learning disability and meet the Fair Access to Care Services criteria (FACS).
A financial assessment will be completed to determine the cost to the person receiving the service.
South Shields Town Hall and Civic Offices (Level 2)
Tel: 0191 424 4439