Women's Health in South Tyneside (WHiST)
WHiST provides a wide range of services for women in South Tyneside.
The information on the website was correct on the date it was published. We make every effort to keep the information on our website correct and up to date, but South Tyneside Council cannot accept responsibility for any errors or omissions, or liability for any inconvenience, loss or damage, however arising, from the use of, or reliance of this information. You should check any information with the relevant service before acting or relying upon it.
WHiST provides a wide range of services to address complex and enduring issues, to women over 16 years old, in a safe and strictly confidential environment.
Under current Covid guidelines we are delivering the following services by phone and online with limited face to face delivery.
- Counselling - all issues, bereavement, domestic violence, financial hardship, relationship breakdown, etc.
- Listening Ear
- Support with long term health conditions
- Employment advice and coaching
- Seated exercise
- Healthy lifestyle advice and support
- Social groups, crafts, book club, heritage
- Volunteering opportunities
Through our partnership with WEA, women can access a wide range of online exercise provision.
Monday - Friday, 9.30am - 4.30pm
Tel: 0191 454 6959