How to use Tell Us Once
Tell Us Once is a free service.
When you book an appointment with the registrar say if you would like to use the service.
To make an appointment at South Tyneside register office phone 0191 427 7000.
For all other enquiries, call the Register Office on 0191 424 6350.
What is Tell Us Once?
The Tell Us Once service allows you to register a birth/death in one go and we can inform the following organisations for you:
- Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) - to deal with benefits
- Housing Benefit Office
- Library Services
- Children's Services (Family Information Services)
- HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) - to sort out Child Benefit and claim Child Tax Credit
- HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) - to cancel benefits and deal with tax
- Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) - to cancel benefits
- Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) - to cancel a driving licence
- Passport Office
- The local council - to remove the person from the electoral register and cancel any benefits e.g. housing benefit
At your appointment with the registrar they will explain about the service so you can use it immediately after your appointment. Using Tell Us Once is not compulsory.
The information you will need
If you do wish to use the service, make sure you bring the following information to your appointment:
Information needed for a birth:
- Birth Certificate
- the date of birth, address, phone and National Insurance number of the people to be named on the birth register, or of any partner living in the same household
- details of benefits anyone to be named on the birth register is receiving or has applied for
- details of benefits any partner living in the same household is receiving or has applied for
- a completed claim form for Child Benefit (if you want it checked)
Information needed for a death:
- their national insurance number and date of birth
- details of benefits or services they were receiving
- the death certificate and/or Tell Us Once service number provided by the Registrar
- their driving licence or driving licence number
- their passport or passport number
- details of Blue Badge
- date of any recent stays in hospital, a hospice or care home
We may also ask you for information about:
- their next of kin
- any surviving husband, wife or civil partner
- the person dealing with their estate
How the service works
When you register a death/birth, the registrar will add the details of the person to the Tell Us Once system. If you choose not to use the service the person's information will not be shared with anyone.
After your appointment, you will be given a letter with your reference number. The departments we have notified may contact you to confirm that the relevant processing has been completed.
Once registered, you can complete the second part of the service, using your unique reference number, either:
- online for a death or a birth
- or by telephone on 0800 085 7308
If you have not heard from a department within 28 days, you can phone the Tell Us Once service who will help you. South Tyneside can not contact them for you.
This service is committed to ensuring that the information provided is protected. Our privacy statement tells you how the information you provide when using this service will be used and protected. Ask the Adviser if you wish to see the fully privacy statement or you can look it up on the GOV.uk.
Please remember that it is your responsibility to ensure that all organisations, that pay you a benefit, Working Tax Credit or Child tax Credit or provide a service to you, have correct and up to date information about you.