Christmas and New Year opening times
Over the Christmas and New Year holiday period the Register Office hours will be:
- Tuesday 24 December, 9am to 1pm
- Wednesday 25 and Thursday 26 December, closed
- Friday 27 December, 9am to 4pm
- Monday 30 December, 9am to 4pm
- Tuesday 31 December, 9am to 1pm
- Wednesday 1 January, closed
In case of emergency please contact South Tyneside Council's out of hours service on 0191 427 7000.
Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm
Appointments for births and deaths
Call the Contact Centre on 0191 427 7000, Monday to Friday, 8am to 8pm and Saturday 9am to 1pm.
Outside of these times, call 0191 4556111.
Counter certificates are issued until 3.45pm to give staff enough time to locate and issue as required before the office closes at 4pm. Telephone certificates are issued until 2.30pm (same day service certificate issue is subject to availability).