Unlock your imagination and discover the wonderful world of books on your doorstep.
Books are great when enjoyed on your own, or as part of a group. If you like to talk about what you have read, then one of our reading groups could be for you. It's a great way to develop your skills, improve your knowledge and meet new people at the same time.
What is a reading group?
The purpose of a reading group is to give people confidence to develop their own reading and to empower them to choose what they want across a wider range.
Common assumptions, which may deter people from joining a reading group, are:
- They are going to make me study books when all I want to do is read them
- It will be like being back at school
- You will be expected to publicly analyse a book
- You can't sit quietly at the back and listen to others
- You have to read the Times Literary Supplement
- You have to have read everything by Charles Dickens
Once you join a library based reading group you will see that our groups are fun and not like this at all. We meet once a month and our discussions are lively and enjoyable.
How to join
If you want to find out more please contact Pauline Martin on 0191 424 7805.
There are no items to display