All users of our leisure facilities must agree to abide by the following terms and conditions.
This agreement, together with the terms set out in any direct debit agreement you may enter into with us, constitutes the entire agreement. Where there is a conflict between the terms of this agreement and that of any direct debit agreement, these conditions shall take precedence.
We reserve the right to make reasonable changes to these Terms and Conditions at any time.
- We reserve the right, in exceptional circumstances, to suspend any activity or close a facility without prior notice.
- On occasion and due to circumstances outside of our control, we reserve the right to:
- cancel classes; or
- reschedule those which are poorly attended.
- In the event of any Get Active Member or Discount Card Holder not conforming to any of these terms and conditions, including any misuse or abuse of leisure staff, facility or equipment, we reserve the right to withdraw, without refund, your card and/or require you to leave the facility immediately.
- Lockers are provided for the safekeeping of valuables. All valuables are left at the owners risk and the facility cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage to personal property incurred, unless caused by our negligence. In the event of loss or damage to your personal property, please inform a member of staff.
- We can remove the contents from any locker used overnight which has not been paid for. You can claim the contents from the facility reception for up to six weeks after removal. After this time, it will be treated as lost property.
- We will compensate you for any loss or damage you may suffer if we fail to carry out our obligations under this agreement, or to a reasonable standard, or breach any duties imposed on us by law (including if we cause the death or personal injury to you by our negligence), unless that failure is:
- your own fault;
- a third party unconnected with our provision of services under this agreement; or
- events which neither we nor our suppliers could have predicted or prevented even if we had taken reasonable care.
- Our liability to compensate you (in the case of loss or damage other than death or personal injury) is limited to a reasonable amount, depending on whether the damage was due to a negligent act or omission by us.
- You are required to behave in a manner that is considerate to the needs of other users and must not damage the facility or equipment provided.
- You must use the facility and equipment in the proper manner and consult a member of staff if unsure.
- Any change in personal details (e.g. change of name or address) should be forwarded to the Systems Administrator at Haven Point, Pier Parade, South Shields, NE33 2JS.
- 24 hours cancellation notice must be given for an advanced booking or three hours notice for a fitness class. You will be charged the full price if the booking space cannot be filled or risk losing your booking rights.
- Before using any leisure facility you should be satisfied that you are fit and able to do so. If you have any medical complaint or condition that may affect your ability to exercise, you should refrain from doing so.
- If you suffer from any medical condition or complaint which may impact upon your ability to fully participate in exercise and despite this you chose to do so, it is your responsibility to inform a member of leisure staff or fitness instructor of your medical condition or complaint.
- If using our gym facilities, you must complete a health questionnaire and undergo an induction programme. When completing the health questionnaire you must give full and honest answers.
- It is your responsibility to inform a member of the gym staff of any changes to your health after the completion of the Health Questionnaire and Induction Record.
- We ask during busy periods that time spent on gym equipment is limited to 20 minutes each, otherwise you may be asked to move on by a member of leisure staff.
- Please read our safety guidelines for pool, class or gym.
- Appropriate clothing and footwear should be worn when using the facility.
- As a user of the facilities your health and wellbeing is of paramount importance to us. In view of this, we may offer you advice and guidance on health and wellbeing related issues.
- All Get Active Discount Cards and Duo and Multi memberships are non-transferable. We reserve the right to withdraw a card, without refund, when the card is used by anyone else except the registered user.
Get Active Discount Cards
- Discount Cards are valid for one year from date of purchase.
- We reserve the right to refuse any Discount Card application or renewal.
- Discount Cards must be shown at reception at all times. Failure to show your card will result in the full non-member price being charged.
- Juniors must produce their own Discount Card to qualify for reduced prices.
- In the event of loss or destruction of a Discount Card, a replacement will be issued at the cost of £1.00.
- Your Discount Card excludes private classes or lessons which may incur an additional charge.
- You must agree to have your photograph taken before being issued a card.
- We reserve the right to make amendments at any time to offers associated with the Discount Card and to its terms and conditions.
Duo or Multi Membership
Your Duo or Multi membership entitles you to unlimited use of your chosen activity at any of the facilities, subject to availability.
- Duo or Multi memberships vary in nature depending on the type you have chosen.
- Members joining on a direct debit basis are required to sign a Service Contract and are bound by the Terms of Contract on the reverse of the Service Contract. It is important that members familiarise themselves with the Terms of Contract.
- You should be aware that all direct debit Duo and Multi memberships are rolling contracts with a minimum period of six months. You will therefore be required to make six direct debit payments.
- When applying for a direct debit membership with us, a current utility bill and bank statement must be provided as proof of address.
- We must be notified of any change in circumstance for example, name, address or if you are no longer eligible for a concessionary membership. Please note we carry out reviews on our concessionary memberships to verify that the concession still applies.
- For any promotional membership offers, you must not of had a Duo or Multi membership with us in the previous three months, starting from the launch of the offer.
Booking a fitness class
We operate a system which allows you to book a place on our classes up to seven days in advance. All classes can be booked from 7am*, regardless of the start time.
Bookings can only be made by the person who wishes to attend the class, as only one place can be allocated at a time. Please note you cannot reserve back to back bookings of the same discipline in advance. We strongly advise clients against doing two classes in a row, however if spaces are available you can register immediately prior to the session, but this is at your own risk. You cannot book a place on behalf of another person. When making your booking, please have your membership number to hand as this will be required to secure your place.
Payment for classes should be made before the class, please arrive early and allow sufficient time to pay at reception.
To make a booking please speak to one of our leisure reception staff, either in person or by telephoning any of our facilities (excluding Jarrow Community Pool).
Please note you must be aged 14 or over to attend one of our classes. Those under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
*Please note individual opening times of centres vary, please consider this when attempting to book a place on a class.
Cancelling a fitness class
If you want to cancel a class booking, you must contact one of our facilities any time up to three hours before the class starts. This gives us the opportunity to offer your place to someone else.
If you do not cancel your class and fail to attend, or attempt to cancel within the three hour notice period you will accrue a "default" on your account. Three or more "defaults" on your account in a calendar month will result in you losing your advance booking rights. You will be placed on a "suspension list" for 14 days and will only be able to attend a class during this period if there are spaces available on the day.
Please try to allow yourself plenty of time to check in/pay so that classes can start on time. The warm up is an important part of the class and entry can be refused once the class has started. This is important during busy periods.
Jarrow Community Pool/Jarrow Hub/Monkton Stadium/Temple Park Centre:
Please make sure that for all classes a ticket is collected at reception and your visit is recorded.
Haven Point/Hebburn Central:
To prevent you having to queue at reception, pre-booked members can go straight to the studio/poolside for registration. If you have not booked, even as a member you must visit reception to have your place officially allocated, simply "dropping in" to the class is prohibited.
Please ensure that your name is ticked off the register, otherwise it will appear that you have not attended the class and could result in you accruing a "default" on your account. The recording of your visit is your responsibility and not the instructor.
Termination and freezing your membership
- Once a Duo or Multi membership has been entered into, it cannot be changed or terminated before the expiry of the minimum period, except in certain circumstances.
- A request for termination during the minimum period may be considered in the event of any of the following:
- you are moving away from the area;
- you are suffering from sustained medical problems, illness or injury which make it no longer practical for you to be able to use the facility; or
- your financial circumstances have adversely changed since starting your membership.
- A request for termination during the minimum period must be accompanied with appropriate supporting evidence. Any information will be treated in confidence.
- You may also terminate this agreement during the minimum period if;
- We significantly reduce the facilities or opening hours;
- We close the facilities for refurbishment for a period of more than four weeks.
- We will use our reasonable endeavours to give you notice of the change (either in writing or by displaying a sign in the facilities). If you wish to terminate your membership due to the reasons stated above, please give us 30 days notice in writing.
- Contracts can only be terminated when the customer has provided 30 days written notice after the minimum period has passed. The 30 day notice period begins on receipt of the cancellation request. The next direct debit within this 30 day period is payable. If you terminate your membership (in accordance with the terms stated above) we will refund your membership fee which you have paid in advance which relates to a period after termination.
- Where a direct debit is unpaid we will be entitled to recover this as a debt.
- We may terminate this agreement in the following circumstances:
- if you commit a serious or repeated breach of this agreement or breach the Guidelines for Use and are provided with a 7 day default notice to remedy the situation but fail
- if any part of your membership fee remains unpaid 30 days after its due date for payment; or
- if you provide us with false details which you know to be false when applying for membership
- If we terminate for any of these reasons, we reserve the right to retain a proportion of the money which you have paid us under this agreement to cover any reasonable costs we have incurred as a result.
- We will consider a request to freeze a membership if you are pregnant or suffering from an illness or injury that means you may be temporarily unable to use the facility. You are required to submit appropriate evidence in support of your request. We will extend the end date of your paid in full membership or stop direct debit collections to reflect the agreed period of suspension.
- Termination of membership requests within the minimum period and membership freeze requests should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or, if by letter, we recommend it be sent by recorded delivery to ensure it is received to (Haven Point Pier Parade South Shields Tyne and Wear NE33 2JS )
- Termination requests outside of the minimum period should be sent to (email@example.com) or, if by letter, we recommend it be sent by recorded delivery to ensure it is received to (Debit Finance Collections, Administration, PO Box 6046, Milton Keynes MK1 9BA).