Swimming lane etiquette at Haven Point
Swimming gala - Wednesday 4 March
There will be no public access to the main pool, teaching pool, leisure waters and sauna and steam room on Wednesday 4 March 2020 from 11.30am, as the South Tyneside and Gateshead Primary Schools Swimming Gala is taking place at Haven Point.
The pools, leisure waters and sauna and steam room will reopen to the public from:
- 3.30pm - teaching pool (swimming lessons)
- 4pm - leisure waters, main pool and sauna and steam room
- All swimmers must follow the directional signs at the end of the pool. Do not swim in the middle of the lane.
- Lanes 7 and 8 are Swim Training Lanes only.
- Lanes 4 to 6 are for social swimming.
- Please use the most suitable lane for your speed and stroke.
- Lifeguard staff may ask customers to change lanes to benefit continuous flow of all swimmers. Please obey instructions given by Lifeguards at all times.
- Entering the water - wait until there is a large gap between people and slip into the water feet first.
- Be polite to swimmers of varying skill levels.
- Passing - if you find yourself catching up with a swimmer in front of you, the request to pass is signified by a gentle tap on the feet to let them know that you need to pass. The swimmer will then have to stop at the next wall and let you pass.
- Do not turn into oncoming swimmers.
- If you cannot keep up with the pace, please change lanes.
- Above all, please use common sense and courtesy.