Swimming lane etiquette at Haven Point
Please note the steam room is currently out of action due to a technical fault. We are working to get this fixed as soon as possible.
We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
- All swimmers must follow the directional signs at the end of the pool. Do not swim in the middle of the lane.
- Lanes 7 and 8 are Swim Training Lanes only.
- Lanes 4 to 6 are for social swimming.
- Please use the most suitable lane for your speed and stroke.
- Lifeguard staff may ask customers to change lanes to benefit continuous flow of all swimmers. Please obey instructions given by Lifeguards at all times.
- Entering the water - wait until there is a large gap between people and slip into the water feet first.
- Be polite to swimmers of varying skill levels.
- Passing - if you find yourself catching up with a swimmer in front of you, the request to pass is signified by a gentle tap on the feet to let them know that you need to pass. The swimmer will then have to stop at the next wall and let you pass.
- Do not turn into oncoming swimmers.
- If you cannot keep up with the pace, please change lanes.
- Above all, please use common sense and courtesy.