Swimming lane etiquette at Haven Point
Swimming gala on Saturday 28 and Sunday 29 September
There will be no public access to the main pool, teaching pool, sauna and steam room on Saturday 28 and Sunday 29 September as South Tyneside Swimming Club are hosting their autumn swimming gala.
The leisure waters (slides, a bubble spa, spray and water play) will be open, but sessions will be limited to 40 minutes to help manage demand.
If you are a Multi or Duo activity member, who has the swim option as part of your Get Active membership, you can use the swimming pools at Hebburn Central and Jarrow Community Pool at no extra cost.
- All swimmers must follow the directional signs at the end of the pool. Do not swim in the middle of the lane.
- Lanes 7 and 8 are Swim Training Lanes only.
- Lanes 4 to 6 are for social swimming.
- Please use the most suitable lane for your speed and stroke.
- Lifeguard staff may ask customers to change lanes to benefit continuous flow of all swimmers. Please obey instructions given by Lifeguards at all times.
- Entering the water - wait until there is a large gap between people and slip into the water feet first.
- Be polite to swimmers of varying skill levels.
- Passing - if you find yourself catching up with a swimmer in front of you, the request to pass is signified by a gentle tap on the feet to let them know that you need to pass. The swimmer will then have to stop at the next wall and let you pass.
- Do not turn into oncoming swimmers.
- If you cannot keep up with the pace, please change lanes.
- Above all, please use common sense and courtesy.