Please note there will be no public access to the main pool, sauna and steam room on Sunday 25 November 2018 from 11.30am as South Tyneside Swimming Club are hosting their annual Christmas championship swimming gala.
The teaching pool and Leisure Waters (which features slides, a bubble spa, spray and water play) will not be affected and will operate as normal.
Multi and Duo Members who have the swim option as part of their Get Active membership, are reminded that they can access Jarrow Community Pool at no extra cost.
Monday - Friday
6.15am - 9pm
Saturday and Sunday
7.15am - 5pm
Gym session prices
- Non member - £6.90
- Get Active discount card holder - £5.40
- Get Active Plus discount card holder: £2.75
- Non member - £4.80
- Get Active discount card holder - £3.20
Become a member - join online today
Sign up for a membership to use the gym as much as you like.
Find out about Leisure memberships.
Our Get Active discount card gives you discounted rates on activities, and is ideal if you do not want to commit to a long-term membership.
Find out about Get Active discount cards.
Before using the gym, you must attend an induction with a member of staff.
Inductions are free, and will generally take anything from 15 minutes to one hour depending on your previous experience.
During your induction, the instructor will go through the safe operation of the equipment and help you to become familiar with the gym.
- Inductions can be carried out at any of our leisure facilities, although we recommend you book your induction at the facility you intend to use the most.
- You only need one induction, even if you intend to use the gyms at more than one of our leisure facilities.
- If you have any special needs, please let us know what they are at the time of booking, as we may need to adapt the session to support your needs.
- Please come dressed to exercise.
To book an induction, please contact any of our leisure facilities by phone or ask at reception.
You can call Haven Point on 0191 424 7800.
About the gym at Haven Point
Haven Point has a fantastic, state of the art fitness suite featuring 86 stations.
Our cardiovascular machines such as treadmills, cross trainers, cycles and steppers, along with resistance weight training equipment and a fitness rig, cater to users of all fitness levels.
You must be aged 14 or over to use the gym.