Whether you're buying or selling a property, want to find out more about living in the area or a conveyance or estate agent, we can help you.
We can provide you with fast access to the information you need, whether it's to inform your home purchase or sale or to complete your official conveyance searches.
Over four thousand search enquiries are processed each year and our turnaround time has been reduced to an average of just 6 working days.
Enquiries can be made by solicitors or estate agents acting on behalf of purchasers, personal search agencies or direct by homebuyers or small businesses that choose to handle their own conveyancing.
- Official Certificate (LLC1)
- Enquiries of Local Authority (Con29)
- Complete Search (LLC1 & CON29)
- Personal Search (Inspection of registers only)
Our commitment to you
- process Local Land Searches quickly and accurately
- process standard Local Land Searches in 10 working days
- respond to telephone enquiries courteously and provide helpful advice, if we do not have the answer we will tell you who to contact
- reply to letters / emails within three working days
- constantly monitor our service by a sample customer satisfaction survey
Searches are usually completed within 6 working days. Completion of searches may be delayed if extra questions are raised involving other contributing departments. However, this should not be more than 10 working days in most cases.
National Land Information Service (NLIS)
South Tyneside Council is joined to the National Land Information Service (NLIS). We have put into place the necessary arrangements to receive search enquiries over the Internet, saving time and resources.
To to access this service, visit the National Land Information Service website.
Benefits to you:
- Speeds up the conveyancing process and reduces the risk of gazumping
- The security of a full, official search, with accurate data direct from your local authority
- Will enable home sellers to complete the search element of HIPs quickly