Skip header

How will the overpayment be recovered?

  • By deduction from ongoing benefit that the tenant may still be entitled to. This would mean that future payments would be less than their full entitlement until the recovery is complete
  • Where the tenant has moved and the payment was being made direct to the landlord then the overpayment can be deducted from other payments made to that landlord (such as from payments made in respect of other tenants)
  • By the issue of an invoice to the tenant or the landlord

If as a landlord you ever disagree with the fact that you are being required to repay the overpayment then you should write to the council within one calendar month of receiving the notification informing you of this.

How would you rate the information on this page?

  • Benefits
  • Hawthorne
    Rolling Mill Road
    Viking Industrial Park
    Tyne and Wear
    United Kingdom
    NE32 3DP

  • 0191 424 4333

Share this page