Skip header

Recovery of overpayments

The law states that an overpayment can be recovered from either the person who caused the overpayment or the person to whom the overpayment was made.

In practice the council will normally recover from the tenant in situations where they have had a change in their circumstances.

This will be in situations such as when their income has changed or someone has moved in with them and their benefit has been reduced.

How would you rate the information on this page?

  • Benefits
  • Hawthorne
    Rolling Mill Road
    Viking Industrial Park
    Tyne and Wear
    United Kingdom
    NE32 3DP

  • 0191 424 4333

Share this page