Skip header

Change in circumstances

Tenants must report all changes to the council immediately in writing.

If the tenant leaves the property then housing benefit will cease from the day they leave, even if you are still charging them rent.

You should not rely on the council to keep you informed about the tenant.

Landlords have duties under the law to inform the council of changes.

See tell us about a change in your circumstances

How would you rate the information on this page?

  • Benefits
  • Hawthorne
    Rolling Mill Road
    Viking Industrial Park
    Tyne and Wear
    United Kingdom
    NE32 3DP

  • 0191 424 4333

Share this page