Skip header

Pleasure boats licences

To hire out water-bound pleasure crafts (including sailboards, rowing boats, canoes, motor boats, pedallos and larger boats) that are for personal use or carrying passengers, you may need a licence. You must not carry more passengers than you are licensed to carry.

Licences may be subject to a fee. Conditions may be attached to your licence.

Licensing of pleasure boats is the responsibility of the Maritime and Coastguard Agency.

Visit the Maritime and Coastguard Agency website for more information.

How would you rate the information on this page?

Share this page