We are committed to developing our approach to working with suppliers. As part of this we have undertaken an in-depth analysis of our purchase-to-pay process in order to better understand and optimise our supplier base.
As a result, we have launched the Supplier Incentive Programme which promotes benefits for suppliers as well as the Council.
Benefits to suppliers
- Improved cash flow through early payment
- Increased process efficiency via e-invoicing dedicated processing and query resolution
- Closer collaboration and an integrated long-term relationship
- Enhanced client satisfaction and increased visibility within the Council
Benefits to the Council
- Awareness that purchase-to-payment process could be improved
- Opportunity to better understand and manage the supply base
- Commitment to drive end-to-end process efficiency and reduce cost
- Opportunity to use our working capital to support suppliers
- Minimise the reporting and financial risk associated with oncoming legislation
- Targeted same day invoice processing
- Named Category Manager and named Business Executive
- Invite to industry relevant buyer events
- Increased visibility and promotion within the Council
- An opportunity to become a case study
- Regular updates via our Supplier Incentive Programme newsletter
Participating in the programme
As a member of the Supplier Incentive Programme, you are eligible to receive early payment which simply means that in return for paying you ahead of terms, a small agreed rebate is deducted from the invoice value.
Supplier Incentive Programme Terms and Conditions
Below are the Council's Standard Terms and Conditions for Suppliers participating within the Supplier Incentive Programme.
Supplier Incentive Programme Terms and Conditions for Goods452.13KB
Supplier Incentive Programme Terms and Conditions for Services329.79KB
Unless otherwise stated, the form of contract for Construction activity will be JCT Minor Works 2016, amended as follows:
JCT Minor Works 2016 including SIP464.58KB
Find out more
Find out everything you need to know about the scheme including;
- what to expect when you sign up
- how your business will benefit
- answers to your general questions
- how you can sign up to the Supplier Incentive Programme
Supplier Incentive Programme
The Supplier Incentive Programme is an important initiative that helps the Council protect front line service whilst growing the economy by helping our suppliers with their cash flow.
Cllr Iain Malcolm, Leader of the Council
The Supplier Incentive Programme is a win-win initiative for the Council and its suppliers. It helps suppliers with their cash flow, and supports the protection of vital local government services.
Cllr Ed Malcolm, Lead Member for Resources and Innovation
The Supplier Incentive Programme is a key initiative for the Council and is part of our ongoing commitment to supporting our supplier base whilst driving liquidity into the local economy.
Martin Swales, Chief Executive