Coronavirus (COVID-19) update
We are still delivering wheeled bins.
We are introducing new social distancing measures:
- You will no longer need to sign for the bin
- The bin will be left in a visible position, please check your back lane if you have one
Keep your bins in a safe place on your property and return them on the same day after collection.
There is a charge for all replacement wheelie bins if:
- One of your wheelie bins has gone missing
- There is no bin at your property when you move in (this includes if you have moved into a 'new build' home and there is no bin at your property)
- Your bin is damaged (including fire and vandalism)
If your wheelie bin is damaged by us, there is no charge for a replacement, in this case please call the Contact Centre on 0191 427 7000.
- grey household bin (new) - £26.10
- grey household bin (refurbished) - £18.10
- blue recycling bin (new) - £20.30
- green garden waste bin (new) - £20.30
The standard bin size is 240 litres.
You are only entitled to one household bin per property.
Our crews will empty one household bin per property on collection day.
Request a new bin
Blue bin caddy
Replacement black caddies for the recycling blue bins are issued free of charge.
Request a new blue bin caddy