Keep your bins in a secure place on your property and return them on the same day after collection.
There is a charge for all replacement wheeled bins if:
- One of your wheeled bins has gone missing
- There is no bin at your property when you move in (this includes if you have moved into a 'new build' home and there is no bin at your property)
If your wheeled bin is damaged, there is no charge for a replacement, in this case please call the Contact Centre on 0191 427 7000.
- grey household bin (new) - £25.65
- blue recycling bin (new) - £20
- green garden waste bin (new) - £20
The standard bin size is 240 litres.
You will be asked to sign for your replacement wheeled bin on delivery.
Please note that you are only entitled to one refuse bin per property, and our crews will empty one refuse bin per property on collection day.
Request a new bin
Blue bin caddy
Replacement black caddies for the recycling blue bins are issued free of charge.
Request a new blue bin caddy
Change to a larger or smaller bin
The standard bin size is 240 litres, larger bins are 360 litres.
You can request a larger blue recycling bin if needed.
We can only supply larger grey household bins for clinical reasons, after an assessment has taken place.
If you wish to request a larger or smaller bin, please call 0191 427 7000.
The charge to change your bin size is £7.20.