- Important information before you visit
- Which days you can visit
- Which vehicles can visit
- Types of waste you can bring
- Opening times
- Getting here
- Businesses and tradespeople
Some vehicles need a permit to visit the Recycling Village.
If you have a permit, you still need to check which days you can visit.
Permits are used to make sure that businesses and tradespeople (including landlords and property developers) do not use the Recycling Village. Read information for businesses and tradespeople.
Vehicles that need a permit
You only need a permit to visit the Recycling Village if you are using one of these vehicles:
- car-derived vans - for a description of what this means, visit GOV.UK: Car-derived vans
- 4x4 vehicles with rear panels in the place of windows or no rear seats
- pickups with a rear flatbed (covered or uncovered)
See a list of which vehicles are allowed at the Recycling Village.
Permits are free of charge.
How permits work
One permit is needed per visit. You can show your permit on your mobile phone, or as a printed copy.
Permits are valid for 28 days from the start date you choose. Check which days you can visit.
You can get up to 12 permits per year.
How to get a permit
You can request a permit online to show on your mobile phone or to print out.
Request a permit online
Or you can:
Next page: Types of waste you can bring