Putting your bin out for collection
- Put your bin out for collection by 7.30am on your collection day
- Leave your bin at the edge of your property where our vehicle can get to it
- Return your bin to a secure place on your property on the same day after collection
Types of bins
In South Tyneside there are four bins:
- Grey bin - for general household waste
- Blue bin - for recycling like plastic, drinks cans and glass bottles (find out what to put in your blue bin)
- Green bin - for garden waste like grass cuttings and leaves (find out about subscribing for green bin collections)
- Blue bin with red lid - households in the trial recycling area will receive an additional recycling bin with a red to recycle paper and card (find out about the recycling trial)
Green bin collections - Monday 19 August 2019
Some green bins which were due to be collected on Monday 19 August were not able to be collected due to a vehicle break down.
These green bins will now be collected on Saturday 24 August 2019.
See a list of the streets affected.
Check your bin collection dates
To view and print your bin collection calendar up until April 2020, enter your postcode below then select your address.