Mental health and wellbeing

Asking for help

If you need help with your mental health then it is best to do one of the following:

  • Talk to your GP. They will be able to give you advice about treatment, and can make a referral to a mental health service on your behalf if you are experiencing acute or long term problems.
  • Speak to our Let's Talk Team on 0191 424 6000. Someone will guide and advise you about the services South Tyneside Council and others can offer.
  • For advice out of hours, contact the Initial Response Team on 0303 123 1145.